Re: [ft-devel] Modification in FT_Gzip_Uncompress

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Modification in FT_Gzip_Uncompress
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2019 04:04:34 +0530

Hello Moazin,

> This enables both `gzip' and `zlib' decoding with automatic header detection.
> Solving my problem.

It's great that the same function can be used to decode both!

> This solves it for me and I HOPE this won't cause cause any previous code
> relying on `FT_Gzip_Uncompress' to fail.

The only other place I see `FT_Gzip_Uncompress' being used is in
`sfwoff.c'. Applying your changes has no visible effect on rendering
or trace logs, so it seems this change is safe.

Nevertheless, as Werner said, the fuzzers will hopefully catch issues if any.

--
Nikhil