Re: [ft-devel] Announcing FreeType 2.10.1 - regression in ftgzip.c

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Announcing FreeType 2.10.1 - regression in ftgzip.c
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 21:51:56 +0500

Hi,

I think the reason why this occurred is because the check "if ( w < 8 || w > 15 )" is only present
in the old version of zlib, the newer ones don't have this check.

As far as I know, FreeType can either use the externally installed Zlib (in which case this code
will work fine, hopefully). However, if your FreeType build uses the built-in copy of zlib (which
is quite old) the code breaks.

Werner, I think this change shouldn't have been made to master because it fails with the built-in version of zlib. Don't know what we should do now. Probably revert it?

Regards,

Moazin