[ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: Performance concerns about SVG Document Lookup

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: [ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: Performance concerns about SVG Document Lookup
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 22:22:57 +0500

Hi Werner, all,

Currently, the SVG document lookup is a simple linear
search. See `find_doc' in `src/sfnt/ttsvg.c'. This is
inefficient and I think I should convert it to binary
search.

We could also cache these searches by, for example,
creating a hashmap of the form <glyphId, offset>.
However, if someone is concerned about speed, it's
probably best to just cache the whole `FT_Glyph' object.
That'd require modifying the "cache" mechanism of FT
to support `FT_SvgGlyph', I guess?

Let me know what you think.

Moazin