Re: freetype/coverity

From: Chris Liddell
Subject: Re: freetype/coverity
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 12:20:22 +0000

Hi Werner,

On 04/02/2020 11:46, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Hello Chris,
>

>> We use Freetype with Ghostscript. We have also been using coverity
>> static analysis for quite some time, [...]
>>
>> Would you (mainly Werner, but others too) consider there to be value
>> in us doing the same for Freetype?
>
> yes, this would be valuable!  Thanks for the offer.  I'm certainly
> interested in seeing the results.

Cool, I'll look at at working it into our schedule.

>From experience, there will be a lot of changes that will be small edits
(making casts explicit, adding prototypes, adding "/ fall through */"
comments to switch statements).

So, I would be inclined to setup a github repo, and point you guys at
commits, which you can critique, pull, or redo as you see fit. But I'm
willing to

Chris