Re: GSoC Project:Port the font-rs rendering engine to FreeType

From: Denil Verghese
Subject: Re: GSoC Project:Port the font-rs rendering engine to FreeType
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 12:55:19 +0530

I've already started learning the basics and I will make sure that I'm up to the job. I will share the proposal link here by tomorrow.

On Wed, 18 Mar, 2020, 12:07 PM Werner LEMBERG, <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Denil,

> I would like to Port the font-rs rendering engine to FreeType as my
> GSoC Project.

Great!

> I'm familiar with C and Unix systems.  I will learn rust within the
> application period.

Mhmm, I'm not sure whether this is sufficient – how will you submit a
proposal if you only know half of the story?  Rust is a functional
programming language that differs *a lot* from C!

In other words, to write a good proposal you have to get acquainted
with Rust *right now*.

> How should I proceed?

Well, write a proposal :-)  If you have questions please send them to
the list.