Re: tracing and logging library - GSOC Project

From: Priyesh kumar
Subject: Re: tracing and logging library - GSOC Project
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 07:46:18 +0530

Thanks for the reply,
As per the reply, my main focus for this project will be on the following platforms:
Further, I have query related to the testing part of the project. I know the basic testing will be surely part of this project. But just wanted to check the scope of testing that is required as part of this project on these platforms.
Is there any support for different test environments already available?
Thank you...

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 12:46 PM Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems according to the FreeType official website support the
> following platforms: [...]
>
>    - Ghostscript

This is not a platform per se.

> Further going through the codebase I also found out that following
> platforms are also supported by FreeType:
>
>    - Amiga
>    - Atari
>    - BeOS
>    - Mac
>    - Symbian

The above are more or less dead.  ('Mac' here means the old, non-Unix
OS.)

>    - OS2
>    - OpenVMS

These two platforms are a bit less dead :-)  However, you don't have
to take special care for them.

>    - Windows

Windows is important and one of main reasons for contemplating on the
use of a logging library, since on that platform GUI programs can't
send stderr output to the console.

Note that I would like to have a fallback to stderr in case a logging
library is not available.