Re: Build system considerations

From: Albert Astals Cid
Subject: Re: Build system considerations
Date: Fri, 01 May 2020 10:12:51 +0200

El divendres, 1 de maig de 2020, a les 0:52:16 CEST, David Turner va escriure:
> Le jeu. 30 avr. 2020 à 23:33, Albert Astals Cid <address@hidden> a écrit :
>
> > El dijous, 30 d’abril de 2020, a les 19:35:19 CEST, Behdad Esfahbod va
> > escriure:
> > > Hi David,
> > >
> > > Thanks for bringing this up.  I come from the GNOME camp.  My
> > understanding
> > > is that meson is replacing autotools longterm, sidestepping attempts like
> > > cmake, the same way that git replaced CVS, sidestepping mercurial,
> > bazaar,
> > > etc.
> >
> > I am afraid that is your very biased life bubble.
>
> I'm not sure you realize that what you wrote sounds insensitive and is
> bordering ad-hominen.
> You could have said that you disagree and that this doesn't match your
> experience for example.
> Instead you tone devalues the point you're trying to make.

I apologize if somebody felt personally wronged by my comment.

Since I don't see anything wrong with it, I would be very happy if you could
please explain what's wrong with it so I can try to improve myself in the
future.

Best Regards,
  Albert