LCD filtering changes are due

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: LCD filtering changes are due
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 09:52:52 -0400

Hi All,

LCD filtering patents have expired. I think the time has come to make
some changes in the way we handle LCD filtering. Specifically, I would
like to get rid of some extra layers of protection around this code.

1) Make calling FT_Library_SetLcdFilter(library,
FT_LCD_FILTER_DEFAULT) unnecessary and initialize it during
ft_smooth_init (s/#elif 0/#else/). FT_Library_SetLcdFilter(library,
FT_LCD_FILTER_NONE) will rather be required for the selected few who
forgot to do it explicitly.

2) Get rid of fake "smooth_lcd" and "smooth_lcdv" because everything
is handled by ft_smooth_render_generic anyway. It is just a matter of
making "smooth" accept FT_RENDER_MODE_LCD and FT_RENDER_MODE_LCD_V.

Does anybody strongly disagree?

Alexei