Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 09:36:15 -0400

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 12:32 AM Anuj Verma <anujv@iitbhilai.ac.in> wrote:
> A considerable amount of time. If you want the exact number
> it is `width * rows * number_of_conic_curves', without any
> optimization.

I am asking you to do some performance analysis. Specifically, would
you please profile a curve and a straight segment to compare?

> > Do you see where I am going?
>
> I'm not sure. Are you telling me to use the results of the previous
> iteration?

We need to know if it is worth simply splitting the curve into a large
number of straight segments. How many straight segments we can afford
and still beat the exact solution.

> I have updated the repositories and perhaps I can now start integrating it
> into freetype?

Sure, but please use your dedicated branch.

Best,
Alexei