Re: Logging Library-GSOC

From: Priyesh kumar
Subject: Re: Logging Library-GSOC
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 13:02:35 +0530

Hi Vincent,
> If you want I can tell you how I compile freetype on Windows using
> MSYS2 and mingw-w64 (or even on linux with cross compilation)

Thanks for your help.
I have already tested the changes using MSYS2 on Windows.
But I do have a question.
When I use Autotools to build FreeType on Linux, the build process produces
both static library(libfreetype.a) and shared library(libfreetype.so).
But when I am building FreeType using MSYS2 and mingw32-make on Windows
I am getting only a static library(freetype.a). Is this a default behavior or I am doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Priyesh

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 12:39 AM Vincent Torri <vincent.torri@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 1:03 PM Priyesh kumar <priyeshkkumar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Werner,
> I was trying to compile FreeType on Windows using Cygwin and I was
> getting the following error while executing `sh autogen.sh' command even
> though I have installed the required packages from the Cygwin package installer:
> --
>
> Can't locate Automake/Config.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Automake::Config module) (@INC contains: /usr/share/automake-1.16 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/share/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_p
>
> erl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl /usr/share/perl5/core_perl) at /c/cygwin/bin/aclocal-1.16 line 36.
>
> --
> The commands like `make devel;make' which do not use `sh autogen.sh' script are executing fine...
> I have searched about this error online but didn't get any helpful answers.
> Could you please take a look at it as it the only remaining platform to test the changes.

If you want I can tell you how I compile freetype on Windows using
MSYS2 and mingw-w64 (or even on linux with cross compilation)

regards

Vincent Torri