Re: Migrate to github

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Migrate to github
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 18:37:27 +0200 (CEST)

>> No.  We won't migrate to github.  If at all, gitlab would be a
>> possible choice.
>
> Just out of curiosity, feel free to not answer.
>
> Any specific reason for github.com being "banned" but gitlab.com
> being possible?
>
> Both run on non Free Software.

Well, gitlab's software is available, at least most of it.  AFAIK,
this is not true for github.

Additionally, there's a GNU recommendation:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html

And finally, I like gitlab's interface more than github's :-)

You might also read this thread

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2020-02/msg00249.html

I'm quite happy with the transition of LilyPond.