Re: about the meson build systel

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: about the meson build systel
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 20:23:19 +0200

Hi Alexei,

Le lun. 24 août 2020 à 17:27, Alexei Podtelezhnikov <apodtele@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi David,

Other build systems 'sed' to the main copy of ftoption.h, which is
then installed and provides a record of compiled features. Werner
convinced me that it is a good thing to have. It will be a nightmare
to maintain them if each build system has its own version while lose
track of compiled features. It has a lot of important documentation to
keep in sync too. Would you please use 'sed' directly?

An excellent point, thanks for pointing this out. Here's a new version of the patch that does just that with a helper script.
I'd like to extend this scheme to more configuration variables in the future, but after we complete this build transition.

- David

Thank you,
Alexei

--