Re: GSOC Build tests

From: Greg Williamson
Subject: Re: GSOC Build tests
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 18:29:18 -0400

As, discussed with Werner I have:
1) added a simple config file (in CI/ft-tests.config)
2) split the tests into smaller chunks
3) changed the colors of the diff images to green / red
4) added the diff images to the generated comparison page
5) fixed the relative paths in the generated comparison page

I have also made an attempt to add a fix for the MinGW builds but it
appears your make install script can't handle window paths so we'll
need to sed the \ to / or something to fix that build test.

The current patch is here:
https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/fundies/freetype2/pull/1.patch
You can see the CI in action here:
https://dev.azure.com/fundies/freetype2/_build/results?buildId=237&view=logs&j=05dc4cca-e891-599c-177e-6a5b81dbe26c&t=05dc4cca-e891-599c-177e-6a5b81dbe26c
You can download an example test run here:
https://dev.azure.com/fundies/9eabb07a-6a4d-4b68-b22e-60f9e02c1927/_apis/build/builds/237/artifacts?artifactName=Archlinux%20Regression%20tests%20Test2&api-version=6.0&%24format=zip

If you have any issues or questions about my code I will still be
checking this email even after GSoC so let me know and I will do my
best to fix whatever is wrong.

In the gitlab migration listing I can talk about integrating this
before or after you move but I am more familiar with github and can
only really answer questions on my azure config file and scripts or
integrating it with github.

As for my side of the GSoC evaluation, Where do your students
typically link to for the "showcase" of their project? I was never
able to successfully push to your repo so I just moved on and worked
on my project on github. However, as it's not an official mirror I
don't think it'd be appropriate to link there.