Re: Need Help with a FontDescriptor Error

From: Derek B. Noonburg
Subject: Re: Need Help with a FontDescriptor Error
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:20:00 -0700

That's almost certainly a problem with your PDF printer software (or
perhaps your publisher's PDF reading software), and not at all related
to FreeType.

(I'm not familar with Foxit PhantomPDF, but I write PDF processing
software that also uses FreeType, and I'm very familiar with PDF.)

On a technical side, it's kind of a strange error, because PDF
FontDescriptors don't have Length entries.  They might be referring to
the Length entry in an embedded font file, linked from the
FontDescriptor.  In any case, sounds like a bug in the PDF software,
but it's hard to say exactly where.

This is getting way off-topic for the FreeType list.  If you can't
get a response from Foxit, I'd suggest trying a different PDF printer.
I believe there are lots of free/cheap options out there that are based
on Ghostscript (sorry, I don't have a specific recommendation).

- Derek