Re: Apply #57432 fix to Ins_CALL too? And round mode 3

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: Apply #57432 fix to Ins_CALL too? And round mode 3
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 16:11:12 +0000 (UTC)

On Saturday, 24 October 2020, 02:57:28 GMT+8, Alexei Podtelezhnikov <apodtele@gmail.com> wrote:
> It says "three values are possible: gray=0..."

> Please *demonstrate* the bug and then provide a patch. I do not see anything wrong > with the code. In fact I can introduce Orange, Purple, and Beige compensations and > use it *internally*. You cannot convince me otherwise.

It is about being formally correct. Value 3 is an off-spec value that happens not to crash windows, and seems to behave like gray=0 . You cannot suddenly decide that 3 is the preferred value while zero is the fallback. Did you not read the opentype spec? The older truetype reference manual at the apple web site says the same thing. You can introduce orange / purple / beige compensation INTERNALLY, but you cannot suddenly decide 3 is gray and zero is something else than happens to behaves like 3.