Re: Status of the test framework project

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Status of the test framework project
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 07:51:21 +0100 (CET)

Hello Greg,

thanks for chiming in!

> Running continuous integration on Savannah isn't really an option.

Yes.

> If the project moves to gitlab as was discussed months ago.  I would
> not be opposed to porting my azure configs to gitlab ones.

Hopefully, this is done soon.  Anurag?

> However it is not really practical for me to set up servers for your
> organization.  The scripts I wrote should run on any Linux machine
> though.

OK.

> "Improving the UI" is really vague so it would be helpful to me or
> your future student if you're clearer about what you want upfront.

For comparison, have a look at LilyPond: If a merge requests gets
submitted, its test suite is run, and the differences to a base line
are automatically provided in quite a nice way (including the
possibility for blink comparison).

Here is an example MR:

  https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/589

and here the artifacts of a successfully executed pipeline job for
online viewing:

https://lilypond.gitlab.io/-/lilypond/-/jobs/944871436/artifacts/test-results/index.html

Normally this link would expire tomorrow and the artifacts removed;
I've pressed the 'Keep' button right now so that they stay as an
example.

It is also possible to download the artifacts as a bundle:

  https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/589/pipelines

> I don't know much about bcmp or whatever but switching out the
> comparison tool used in the scripts shouldn't be difficult.

Yep.

To summarize: It would be great if your scripts can be adapted and
integrated to the FreeDeskTop instance of gitlab as soon as the
repository together with the issues database has moved.