Re: Testing framework

From: Greg Williamson
Subject: Re: Testing framework
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 20:50:35 -0400

I reran the azure job a few days ago.
https://dev.azure.com/fundies/freetype2/_build/results?buildId=307&view=logs&jobId=3a288725-918b-506e-a9e9-b0c5a06e5dbe&j=3a288725-918b-506e-a9e9-b0c5a06e5dbe&t=1bdf8318-1846-519a-f285-c1e66a0a38e5
The regression tests still work. So any issue you are all getting is
triggered either from updates to freetype since  gsoc ended (such as
renaming your repos from freetype2-> freetype) or some difference in
your setup to mine that I can't reproduce. My azure job installs a
fresh copy of archlinux in a chroot so you should be able to literally
follow it step by step on your PC or virtual machine. As for the calls
to xvfb, they should be replaced with calling ft-demos programs with
arguments to dump the images. I asked if such arguments existed but
both my mentor and I weren't aware these arguments existed when I
wrote the scripts so I used xvfb. A few students emailed me directly
with a "this doesn't work please help" message. However, I cannot help
anyone without you giving proper logs and documenting the steps you
took to arrive at that error / state. Also, it is best to ask the
mailing list directly so you have more eyes on your question. Please
forward all your questions to the list directly and I will answer what
I can but I will need more information.

Thanks, Greg