Re: Functions in ftcolor.c not defined

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Functions in ftcolor.c not defined
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 11:02:24 +0000 (UTC)

> To invoke this issue I use a function*
> FT_Palette_Set_Foreground_Color* in my source code (in the
> attachment).

This function has a special purpose and doesn't work for normal fonts.
You have to have colour glyphs to make this work.  Typically such
fonts contains emojis, and they have a 'CPAL' table.

> The aim of my work is to show a text on an OLED display.  This works
> but it looks ugly.  Half of a text is not visible and there is a
> black background that I can't change.

Please bear in mind that in general FreeType doesn't produce colour
but coverage values.  For example, if a pixel value is 0x80, it means
that the corresponding colour (whatever it is) covers this pixel by
50%.  You have to blend this with the colour(s) you want.