Re: Suggestion for Changing current Website's UI

From: Bermler
Subject: Re: Suggestion for Changing current Website's UI
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 18:37:29 +0000

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 12:22 PM, Sneha Gupta <snehagupta98930@gmail.com> wrote:
Respected Sir/Madam,

I am Sneha Gupta, an electronics and communication undergrad. I am in my second year at IIIT Dharwad. I am well aware of C++, HTML, CSS, _javascript_, jQuery, and currently learning ReactJs.

Yes, you are welcome to join the effort. I hope to be more active soon. If you look at the Git repo, you will see the current state of the website
Currently, the UI of FreeTypes is not very appealing and I feel like it needs a change in the website look. I am well versed with frontend technologies. I proposed an idea to rebuild the UI with reactjs.
The site should continue to work without _javascript_, so I would strongly be against reactjs. It’s a read only site with no need for login or interaction.

However it is up to Werner, he has the final say. I am working on a Hugo integration, which would make the site easier to edit and modify.

And if Freetype is moving forward with this suggestion then I would love to work and contribute to it.
We would love to work with you!
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards
Sneha Gupta