test font with both SVG and COLR table

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: test font with both SVG and COLR table
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:58:51 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Dominik and Ben,

do you have a (small) test font that contains both a valid SVG and a
COLR table for the same glyph(s)?  Otherwise, could you assemble such
a thing?  Ideally, the font should come in two flavours (TTF and OTF)
to cover all combinations.

While working on the new SVG support in FreeType three questions came
to my mind.

(1) What table should have precedence?  I wonder what other font
    engines do.  [I think 'SVG' should have precedence, and Moazin
    implemented it that way.]

(2) Does FreeType properly support this situation?  In particular,
    what happens if SVG support is disabled (or no hooks set), but
    'COLR' handling is present?

    [Don't know yet – I suspect there are issues.]

(3) Should FreeType provide a means to select between 'SVG' and
    'COLR'?  Right now, both 'SVG' and 'COLR' support are activated
    with `FT_LOAD_COLOR`, which doesn't allow this.  [I think this
    solution is OK.]