Basic question

From: Cesar Crusius
Subject: Basic question
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:46:16 -0700

I have this basic question that can be stupid. Anyway: I want to
render a text at various zoom settings. What is the best way to keep
updating bitmaps?

1) Load glyphs
2) Set character size & load bitmaps
3) Zoom changes, delete bitmaps and return to 2

or

1) Set character size
2) Load glyphs
3) Load bitmamps
4) Zoom changes, delete everything and return to 1

My problem is that I think but I'm not sure that I only need to load
glyphs once for truetype and type1 fonts, and after that I can change
resolutions as many times as I want before getting bitmaps. Am I
right?

--
Cesar Augusto Rorato Crusius      o__     o__     o__     o__     o__
Stanford University               ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_   ,>/'_

HE WHO SACRIFICES FUNCTIONALITY FOR EASE OF USE
LOSES BOTH AND DESERVES NEITHER