Re: does it work?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: does it work?
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 23:51:48 +0200

Hi Allen,

> The current incarnation of FreeType2 is capable of rendering a TrueType Font
> Unicode font on an application defined texture, yes?

I suppose that you mean:

"is it possible to directly render glyphs on an application texture ?"

The short answer is no, because that's clearly not the point of a
font library :-)

On the other hand, it's possible to use the anti-aliasing scan-converter
to do just that, but it's a complex process so I won't give you any hints
for now. Expect a demonstration program soon to demo this however..

Cheers,

- David