Re: Multiple Master???

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Multiple Master???
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:12:50 +0200 (CEST)

> > >As far as I know, Adobe have abandoned MM.  They still support
> > >the format, but they no longer create MM fonts, and don't
> > >encourage font designers to create them.
> >
> > David knows; I told him before he started implementing it ;-)
> >

> Yes, I was a bit reluctant to implement MM support, but Werner
> insisted to have it anyway ;-)

And right so!  I assume that support for MM is only about 1% of the
whole library!  Thanks a lot, David.  The only regrettable thing is
that we are probably two years too late with MM support...

OK, now the problems :-) The MM fonts from Silvan work very nice
except stub.pfb -- some glyphs aren't displayed.  For example, glyph
33 (the letter `A') disappears if the value of the axis is lower than
500.

    Werner