Re: FT2 BETA 7 available

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: FT2 BETA 7 available
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:58:10 +0200

Hello,

> I have been reading some of the e-mails on FT2.  Will this
> program allow you to design some new alphabetic characters
> like FontMaster to design a nfw font?

Sorry, but that's a definite no. The library only loads font
files and render glyphs/provide metrics.

It's not used for editing or creation of new fonts and really
hasn't been designed for this (which means we won't even try to
add these "features" :-)

On the other hand, you're question might be a worthy addition
to the FAQ.

Regards,

- David