RE: question about freetype2

From: Pedriana, Paul
Subject: RE: question about freetype2
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:11:14 -0700

I have made a FreeType VC++ .dsp file (similar to
a make file) for both a .lib and .dll version of
Freetype. As soon as FreeType 2 is final, I can
update these VC++ project files and make them
available if people have an interest in this.
I should do a build of the latest beta just to
make sure the source is still working OK for VC++.

Paul

Yes, "w32-vcc.mk" is NOT an "nmake" Makefile, so it's not surprising
to see it fail :-)

Its one of these situations where reading the documentation would
have saved you some time: have a look at the "docs/BUILD" file.

In short, you'll have to:

   - install GNU Make
   - type "make visualc"  (no need to set TOP unless you're not in the top
dir)
   - type "make"

and you'll be done with a static library. It's possible to build
a DLL too, though this is not part of the FT2 build system on Win32
for now.. (any contributions are welcomed..).