Re: autohinter

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: autohinter
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:33:15 +0200

Hi Allen,

> Once the autohinting module is enabled, do any further calls have to be made
> in the display code to use it?  Or is it automatic?  I'm assuming
> FT_LOAD_FORCE_AUTOHINT is not the way to go.

Actually, your question was already answered in the FT2 FAQ at
  http://www.freetype.org/ft2faq.html#autohint-work

When a font driver supports a scalable format and doesn't provide its
own hinter, the auto-hinter is used by default (when it is enabled, of
course). Otherwise, the driver's hinter is used, unless you set the
flag FT_LOAD_FORCE_AUTOHINT..

Regards,

- David