Re: [Freetype] How to use freetype

From: Peter Montgomery
Subject: Re: [Freetype] How to use freetype
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 08:49:04 -0700

OOzy,

    What is it exactly that you expect FreeType to do for X or Wine?
Unless you are planning on adding support for TrueType fonts by doing a
bunch of programming, you're out of luck.  FreeType is a programming
library designed to allow programmers (NOT end users) the ability to add
TrueType font support to programs they write.  If this is what you want
to do, there is documentation on the site and in the files on how to
program with FreeType.  If what you expect is to somehow magically tell
X or Wine to "use FreeType", then I'm afraid that you may as well remove
it from your harddrive now.

    Thanks,
    PeterM