Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2 backend for XFree86

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2 backend for XFree86
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:40:17 +0200

Hi J.,

Juliusz Chroboczek a écrit :

> P.S. David, this is 2.0.9, and I'm impressed with the quality of the
>      (non-AA) Type 1 rendering.

Really ? I'm myself rather digusted by it for now ;-)

Its biggest problem is that drop-out control needs to be performed
very differently for Postscript or auto hinted output. The FT monochrome
rasterizer has been designed according to the rather strict requirements
of the TrueType specification, and I intend to write another one to
deal with other formats in more adequate reasons..

Just to say that Type 1 rendering quality is to improve in some distant
future :-)

Regards,

- David