Re: [ft] Private characters handling

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] Private characters handling
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:05:57 +0900

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:47:25 +0200
"HK" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi all,
>Does freetype support *.tte files - I mean private character fonts?
>Regards,
>Hubert Kubiak

Hi

I'm not sure if *.tte is something standardized, so please post
concrete example of *.tte that you want to use.

In the case of Dynalab's *.tte (for Japanese subscribers - you
can buy them in "Gaiji" packages), the font format is completely
same with TrueType font with Unicode cmap.

Therefore, the answer is YES, because *.tte is TrueType.

The glyphs are mapped to the PUA codepoints of UCS-2. Nothing to
say, the used codecharts (which glyph is mapped to which codepoint
in PUA) are Dynalab's own.

Regards,
mpsuzuki