Re: [ft] bold problem with some fonts

From: Chia-I Wu
Subject: Re: [ft] bold problem with some fonts
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:11:34 +0800

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:22:18AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> >  Now I have a question about problem in "bold" rendering with some
> >  font, for example VLGothic font (http://dicey.org/vlgothic/).
> Attached is a font file which contains just the zero glyph of this
> font.
This is another issue than what I originally thought.

The outer most contour has only off-line points and is thus ignored when
trying to identify the orientation of the glyph.  This change was
introduced here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2006-03/msg00027.html

I'll see if I can find the fonts mentioned there to test.

This mail is also forwarded to Zhe Su.

--
Regards,
olv