Re: [ft] Regression in rendering of Luxi Mono

From: Adam Twardoch
Subject: Re: [ft] Regression in rendering of Luxi Mono
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:30:03 +0200

Mike FABIAN wrote:
In freetype 2.2.1 CVS version from 20061013, "Luxi Mono" is
rendered completely broken when the autohinter is not used.
When the autohinter is not used and the bytecode interpreter is included, it means that FreeType *should* be using the native hinting (i.e. the bytecode).

Your 2.1.10 sample clearly shows that the bytecode is interpreted and used (though the rendering looks differently from what you get on the Windows XP renderer, and obviously, the native hinting in the Luxi Mono font is rather poor).

The massive distortions in the 2.2.1.20061013 seem to be caused by the bytecode interpreter misbehaving badly. I'd be keen to know why this happens.

--

Adam Twardoch