[ft] question on FT number formats

From: Johannes Walther
Subject: [ft] question on FT number formats
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:57:46 +0100 (CET)

Hello all,

I don't understand what 16.16 and 26.6 formats are
that FT uses or furthermore how users of FT are
affected by that.

I guess a problem I have getting kerning from Type1
fonts lies in the numbers format.

as it should. But attaching a pfm file produces huge
kerning distances of 372672 or 372480 instead ones
like -192 or -320.

That's for all Type1 fonts I have tried from various
sources, so I guess there's some error on my side.
Have you an idea what?

Johannes