Re: [ft] Glitchy stroker output

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Glitchy stroker output
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:58:59 +0200 (CEST)

> Actually, I decided to take a closer look at the border outline.

Thanks a lot; I'll look at it closer soon.

> I do observe some differences between the core outline and the
> border outline; namely, the core outline has different tags (with
> undocumented bits set)

Those bits aren't really undocumented; have a look at the
FT_CURVE_TAG_XXX macros in ftimage.h.  Consequently, your `switch'
statement isn't the correct solution; you should rather do a bitwise
comparison to check whether bit 0 orĀ 1 is set.

> and different flags, and a different arrangement of control points -
> two second-order control points between each pair of on-the-curve
> points.

Yes, the stroking algorithm constructs the outline from scratch; for
this reason, there are also much more points on it than on the
original outline.

    Werner