Re: [ft] optimize executable size

From: François Xavier Gendrin
Subject: Re: [ft] optimize executable size
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:52:44 +0200

address@hidden a écrit :
Hi,

Maybe if you can clarify the required feature and
the expected code size, some people may help you.
We want use micro-controller 8 or 16 bits and we are searching a method to draw character easily with many different size, but the code must be very small and very fast to execute (else we will use bitmap)

1. which public functions you want to use.
Every thing but :

- read a ttf font file
- read a glyph
- read the glyph bitmap array

2. current binary size (if possible, publishing
   the binary of libfreetype.a you built on some
   web page), and how much you want to reduce.
I upload it on http://fx.gendrin.free.fr/freetype/, and I wish to reduce around 50ko (less if possible).

Best regards,
--
François Xavier Gendrin