Re: [ft] Defective true type font

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Defective true type font
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:46:24 +0200 (CEST)

> Is there an easy way to determine whether or not a true type font is
> "defective" or not?

No.

> I have a custom font that seems to work on my Microsoft windows
> machine (more or less), but the glyphs produced by Freetype are
> fuzzy and unreadable.

FreeType should be as compatible to the the MicroSoft rasterizer as
possible.  Please test the font extensively with the FreeType demo
programs (ftview, ftgrid, etc.) and check whether the results are
still bad if you switch between the various rendering modes.  If you
can confirm that the problem persists I ask you to send me the font
privately for further investigation, together with an exact
description how to trigger the bad effects with one of the demo
programs.

    Werner