[ft] Drawing monochrome pixels into byte buffer

From: Marco Wertz
Subject: [ft] Drawing monochrome pixels into byte buffer
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 18:35:49 +0100

Hi,

what's the most efficient way to draw non-antialiased pixels into a byte
buffer? I've had a
look at FT_PIXEL_MODE_MONOCHROME but this uses only 1 bit per pixel whereas I
want FreeType
to always plot 1 byte per pixel (255 for visible and 0 for invisible pixels).
Setting "num_grays"
of FT_Bitmap to 2 didn't seem to have any effect with FT_Outline_Render().

So is there an easy way to make FT_Outline_Render() or FT_Outline_Get_Bitmap()
draw monochrome
pixels as bytes instead of bits or do I have to do two passes, i.e. first draw
monochrome
bits into a temporary bitmap and then map them to bytes?

Thanks!

Marco