[ft] FreeType v2501 under DJGPP with RHIDE

From: Daniel Nice
Subject: [ft] FreeType v2501 under DJGPP with RHIDE
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:16:40 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to run the demo FTSTRING.C with FreeType 2501 under DJGPP using RHIDE.

My primary goal is to be able to step through FreeType at source level (using RHIDE) so that I can translate the anti-aliasing rasterizer to another language.

Therefore, I do NOT desire to build the FreeType library in the normal fashion since this would not allow me to step through it.

I figured the easiest way would be a "flat install" suggested in the INSTALL.ANY file.
So, my directory structure is:
\DJGPP\FT2
\DJGPP\FT2\INCLUDE
\DJGPP\FT2\FREETYPE
\DJGPP\FT2\INTERNAL
\DJGPP\FT2\INTERNAL\SERVICES
\DJGPP\FT2\CONFIG

I installed the demo files into \DJGPP\FT2 as well.

I'm not very familiar with the use of DJGPP or RHIDE.  As I said, my goal is to translate this into another language.
I set my include path in RHIDE to \DJGPP\FT2\INCLUDE
I tried opening \DJGPP\FT2\ftstring.c  and running -- this resulted in many unresolved function references.

So, I tried opening each source file mentioned in INSTALL.ANY.
RHIDE now gives many errors, but most of them seem to be on lines like "#include FT_INTERNAL_OBJECTS_H"
"ft2/ftpic.c(21) Error: 10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>"

I assume this means that the macro FT_INTERNAL_OBJECTS_H was not defined, but I do not understand why.
Does anyone have a project file for RHIDE/DJGPP and FreeType v2.501 which they could send to me?

Thanks in advance,
-Daniel Nice