Re: [ft] Unable to build Freetype2 to .dll

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft] Unable to build Freetype2 to .dll
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 10:53:12 +0900

This is not a newsgroup. This is a mail list.

Saying "I did" is not good idea to describe the
trouble in most cases, because such statement
does not give any information how the system
worked for your instruction. The screenshot or
log of the executed is better.

Now I have no access with Windows 8.1 x64 edition,
but I could build DLL on Windows Vista 32-bit for
MinGW. I don't think INSTALL.GNU says as if DLL
could not be built by MinGW.

You should check the first "make" invocation made
appropriate configuration (as INSTALL.GNU shows
the example). If it is not, or, if it is OK but
some error occurs during the building process,
I recommend to install more MinGW tools (bash and
other shell tools to work aslike Unix) and try
conventional building "./configure && make".
In my experience, when cygwin, mingw, msys are
mixed (or inappropriately installed), sometimes
the system detection by "make" command does not
work well.