Re: [ft] How to implement cleartype rendering effect on windows ce7 with

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] How to implement cleartype rendering effect on windows ce7 with freetype
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 07:02:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hello 国梁,

please send your FreeType questions always to the e-mail list.

> Firstly, I want to use freetype to render fonts like the fonts on
> windows.  I use the truetype fonts and load `msyh.ttf'.  When I
> build `freetype.lib', I define FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING.
> When I use FT_Load_char(), I set FT_LOAD_TARGET_LCD_V.

Really LCD_V?  What output device are you using?

> When I use FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap(), I set FT_RENDER_MODE_LCD_V.  I use
> the bitmap as a texture in openGLES.  However, I cannot get very
> clear font on the screen when font is small (about setting 16
> pixels).  I want get render effect like cleartype on windows.

I don't know what ClearType on Windows does with this font – please
send a (small!) PNG image that shows a sample, taken from your output
device.  Usually, embedded bitmaps are used at font sizes <= 24ppem,
thus completely bypassing ClearType.

    Werner