[ft] Success! :-)

From: Nagy Károly
Subject: [ft] Success! :-)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 22:05:36 +0000

Hello Werner,

I am success in compiling my SDL application with SDL_ttf:

1.: I was looking for FT_Init_FreeType and FT_Done_FreeType in the source
files and I found it "src/base/ftinit.c"

2.: I saw the rule in makefile.os4 which makes the "ftinit.ppc.o" object
file, but while compiling FreeType library it had no any effect, so there
was no any "ftinit.ppc.o" after building... (and I don't know why)

3.: I grabbed the same compiling line as others, only rewrited it for
ftinit:

ppc-amigaos-gcc -c -mcrt=clib2 -Iinclude -IFT:src -IFT:include
-ISDK:include -Wall -W -Wundef -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast
-Waggregate-return -Wwrite-strings -Wshadow  -DFT2_BUILD_LIBRARY -DNDEBUG
-fno-builtin -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fstrength-reduce -finline-functions
-o ftinit.ppc.o FT:src/base/ftinit.c

4.: It makes "ftinit.ppc.o" and the working solution is:

gcc sdlttf.c -o sdlttf.run ftinit.ppc.o ftsystem.ppc.o -lSDL_ttf -lft2_ppc
-lSDL

Huh, it was not so easy, but I got it. The only problem is that why all
neccessary object files not to be built into one file called:
libft2_ppc.a???

Good night,

Charlie