[ft] Unable to build a 32 bit libfreetype in a 64bit debian machine

From: Girish Loganathan
Subject: [ft] Unable to build a 32 bit libfreetype in a 64bit debian machine
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 14:21:46 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Guys,This is perhaps an old issue but I am having difficulty building
freetype in my 64 bit machine.The command I used, after some search in the
internet is below.
I have also attached the config.log in this email.I would be grateful for some
help.

address@hidden:~/Desktop/projects/utils/freetype-2.9# env CFLAGS="-arch i386"
./configure
FreeType build system -- automatic system detection
The following settings are used:
  platform                    unix  compiler                    cc
configuration directory     ./builds/unix  configuration rules
./builds/unix/unix.mk
If this does not correspond to your system or settings please remove the
file`config.mk' from this directory then read the INSTALL file for help.
Otherwise, simply type `make' again to build the library,or `make refdoc' to
build the API reference (this needs python >= 2.6).
cd builds/unix; \        ./configure checking build system type...
x86_64-pc-linux-gnuchecking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnuchecking for
gcc... gccchecking whether the C compiler works... noconfigure: error: in
`/root/Desktop/projects/utils/freetype-2.9/builds/unix':configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executablesSee `config.log' for more
detailsbuilds/unix/detect.mk:85: recipe for target 'setup' failedmake: ***
[setup] Error address@hidden:~/Desktop/projects/utils/freetype-2.9#

Gruße,

 /girish

+49-15112931276