[ft] Font Height Problem

From: Alex
Subject: [ft] Font Height Problem
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 18:00:37 +0000

Hello,

After upgrading from version 2.6.3 to 2.9.1, I noticed that the DejaVu Sans
font (and some others) now appear to be taller (for the same font size) than
before.  For example, with DejaVu Sans Mono size 9.8 pt, the height increased
by 2 pixels.
I am absolutely sure that this is due to a change in FreeType, because
installing the old version (2.6.3) restores the old font height.
To correct the problem in the new version, I tried enabling autohint in the
font configuration, and enabling AF_CONFIG_TT_SIZE_METRICS at compile-time,
without success.
Can someone explain what changed in FreeType, and how to get the old font
height back?

Regards,
Alex

--