[ft] Devanagari complex glyph

From: Federico Panichi - address@hidden
Subject: [ft] Devanagari complex glyph
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 07:14:10 +0000

Greetings,

recently I was working on expanding my program to handle Hindi (Devanagari)
complex glyph like: ( न + ् + न ) which translates into: न्न

I used old version of FT so I updated to last available version 2.10.1 but
still I can not render that glyph properly, obtaining: न् न (without space).

I have installed a proper Devanagari .tff file (I am on Windows 10 machine) and
I have my program written in C++11.

My question, is this specific glyph (or combination of complex glyph) not yet
supported by the auto-hinting (FT version 2.5.4) ?
May https://www.freetype.org/ttfautohint/ be helpful in someway to help the
rendering of those glyph?

Thanks for your attention and availability.

Best regards,
Federico Panichi