fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] Re-starting the FSFC

From: John Loukidelis
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] Re-starting the FSFC
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:11:48 -0400

And www.efc.ca

> We don't have an FSF or OSI, but we do have CLUEcan.ca

CLUEcan.ca does not appear to be registered charity. Is that correct?

> The missing piece is an advocacy group that specifically advocates
> for the human rights-based approach to FLOSS that is advocated by the
> Free Software part of the larger FLOSS movement.

That isn't the only missing piece. The FSF is a charity in the U.S.;
there does not appear to be a charity in Canada devoted to free
software. It would be useful to have one. I tried to establish a
charity here because I am not a programmer, but I would like to
contribute to free software (in a tax-effective manner if possible).

--
John