fsfe-france

RE: [Fsfe-france] Re: pgAdmin is proprietary software

From: Dave Page
Subject: RE: [Fsfe-france] Re: pgAdmin is proprietary software
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 20:21:33 +0100

And it is open source to take the literal interpretation of the words
(http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=open). I purposefully didn't
write Open Source because that would imply special meaning to the words.
I'm assuming the FSF or OSI haven't trademarked the word 'open' yet?

> Do you  plan to change  the licensing to  be compatible with
> the Free Software definition or the OSI definition ?

I'm happy to discuss the licence to find something mutually acceptable
to the pgAdmin Development Team and *any* interested party provided that
party can act professionally without resorting to accusations of
deception and general mud-slinging that we have been subjected to by
other members of the address@hidden list.

As stated before, both by myself and Jean-Michel, the primary aims of
the pgAdmin devteam are to:

- Ensure the software is *always* freely available to anyone, with
source code if desired.

- To prevent commercial exploitation of our work without due credit and
contribution back to the project (not us, the project itself).

Regards, Dave.