fsfe-france

Re: [Fsfe-france] palmopensource & mayadate TM

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-france] palmopensource & mayadate TM
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:55:59 +0100

Ludovic Drolez writes:
 > Salut !
 >
 > J'ai reçu aujourd'hui ce mail:

        Je répondrais cela:

        Dear sir,

        Would you be so kind as to provide me with your trademark
registration number in France ? I'm a french citizen living in France
and the web site hosting my software is also located in France.

        I'm ready to consider your request when I'm fully informed
about the scope of your trademark.

        Sincerly yours,

        Et conserver cela sous le coude:

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/tac/tmfaq.htm#Basic012

Is a federal registration valid outside the United States?

No. However, if you are a qualified owner of a trademark application
pending before the USPTO, or of a registration issued by the USPTO,
you may seek registration in any of the countries that have joined the
Madrid Protocol by filing a single application, called an
"international application," with the he International Bureau of the
World Property Intellectual Organization, through the USPTO.

        En dernier ressort, s'il choisit de déposer la marque en
France je pense qu'il faudra lui obéir. Je crois que pour les marques
c'est premier arrivé / premier servi, sans égard pour l'antériorité.

        A++,

--
Donate to FSF France online : http://rate.affero.net/fsffrance/
Loic Dachary, 12 bd Magenta, 75010 Paris. Tel: 33 1 42 45 07 97