fsfe-france

Re: [Fsfe-france] EU vs Microsoft : texte des décisions en ligne

From: Xavier Roche
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-france] EU vs Microsoft : texte des décisions en ligne
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:03:40 +0200

Frederic Couchet wrote:
Le texte complet (302 pages) des décisions de la commission européenne
dans le procès anti-trust contre Microsoft est en ligne:

Et un article de Reuters:
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=technologyNews&storyID=4912020

Et des passages délicieux sur un mémo qui s'est (encore) échappé:

(..)
"There is a huge switching cost to using a different operating system," he
wrote Gates.
"It is this switching cost that has given customers the patience to stick with
Windows through all our mistakes, our buggy drivers, our high TCO, our lack of a
sexy version at times...
"It would be so much work to move over that they hope we just improve Windows rather
than force them to move," he said.
The Commission says the barriers to the entry of rivals to which the memo
refers place special obligations on Microsoft.

--

---
Xavier Roche