[Fsfe-uk] Re: [Debian-uk] London (Olympia) Linux Expo 2002 (9&10 Oct)

From: Wookey
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [Debian-uk] London (Olympia) Linux Expo 2002 (9&10 Oct)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:58:13 +0100 (BST)

On Mon 09 Sep, Philip Hands wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I had a meeting with James Drake-Brockman (of 101com, the Expo
> organisers.  James is taking over from Jonathan this year) on Friday, to
> start the ball rolling on organising the .ORG area at the upcoming
> London Expo:
>
>    http://www.101com.co.uk/Exhibitions/LinuxExpo/
>
> As a result, we have the stand space (which seems a little larger than
> last year, but is laid out as two rows of facing stands, to form a
> corridor) and speaking slots to fill.
>
> It looks like we'll get between 5 & 8 half hour slots for people to talk
> about their Free Software related stuff, so I need volunteers for those.

> If you feel like taking one of the presentation slots, please also
> mention that, so we can work out a timetable.

I can do a speaking slot:

I can talk about any of:
Emdebsys - embeded device system config and creation system
PsiLinux - Linux on Psions - What works and what doesn't
YAFFS - new journalling flash filesystem for NAND flash (eg smartmedia).
Pros and cons cf. other FSes (JFFS2, ext etc)

See which one(s) the organisers fancy.

Wookey