Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software patent - any action?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software patent - any action?
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 22:20:31 +0000

Hi Chris,

> 6. Questions.
>      ---------
> - Are you concerned about the consequences of the proposed changes in
> European/UK patent law?
> - Do you see a potential economic threat to Europe/UK from the proposals?
> - Do you think that the story of the Ancient Greek's Trojan Horse
> carries any warnings for the European Commission?
> - Can you verify the extent of the BSA's influence on the proposals?
> - Is there anything you can do to ensure that these concerns are not
> realised?

>From my limited experience of lobbying members of the Houses of
Parliament, I found it was recommended that the last paragraph be what
you want that person to do about it.

I realise that your needs here include getting their opinion and
feedback, but I'd still try and end with a sentence requesting they
actually do something.  Definitely don't ask if there's anything they
can do.

Thanks for putting all this effort in on the behalf of the rest of us.

Cheers,

Ralph.