[Fsfe-uk] OpenECDL

From: Illtud Daniel
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] OpenECDL
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 09:53:58 +0100

Quite a while ago I mentioned that there was some interest
in funding and accrediting a Free-software version of the ECDL
in Wales. This was drawn to my attention:

http://www.ecdlinfo.it/Euk/OpenECDL.htm

"The first version of the ECDL Syllabus  was written in 1996.
 Its content was clearly influenced by the dominance on the
 market exercised by Microsoft products, namely Windows, Office,
 Internet Explorer and Outlook.

 Starting with Version 4.0, the ECDL Syllabus appears to be
 absolutely neutral, even in terminology. And the Question
 Test Base (QTB) covers operating systems such as Linux and
 Mac OS, office suites such as StarOffice and OpenOffice,
 browsers such as Mozilla and Opera, and E-mail clients such
 as Evolution."

" The Didasca Opensource ECDL & International Consortium has
 funded the creation of a specific Courseware Kit for candidates
 wishing to get their Open ECDLs."

Seems interesting!

--
Illtud Daniel                                 address@hidden
Uwch Ddadansoddwr Systemau                       Senior Systems Analyst